Chicagoland Vein Treatments
Advanced Vein Care in Wood Dale, IL
With more than 20 years of vein treatment experience, Dominic J. Tolitano, M.D., is a leader in both traditional and advanced techniques. Whether you are dealing with the pain and embarrassment of spider veins or varicose veins, Advanced Vein Clinics can help. Dr. Tolitano’s background and experience make him an expert at identifying the best vein treatment for your specific condition.
Our Wood Dale vein treatments include:
- Endovenous laser vein treatments: As an alternative to traditional vein stripping, this technique relies upon the insertion of a thin laser fiber into the saphenous vein. The release of energy into the vein causes it to collapse and seal shut. The procedure can be done in under 30 minutes.
- Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA): In RFA, a thin catheter is gently inserted into the vein through the skin. The catheter emits radio waves, which heat specific areas of the affected vein, causing it to close. It’s safe, proven, does not require hospitalization, and the outpatient procedure time is usually less than an hour. Recovery time is usually only a matter of hours, and most people don’t find Radiofrequency Ablation to be overly uncomfortable. Studies have shown that the RFA procedure may be associated with lower rates of pain, bruising and complications when compared to other treatments.
- VenaSeal™: Advanced Vein Clinics is pleased to be one of the first in Illinois and Northwest Indiana to offer the new FDA approved VenaSeal™ procedure. The VenaSeal™ system is unique in that it is the only non-tumescent, non-thermal, and non-sclerosant procedure to permanently close varicose veins, and uses a proprietary medical adhesive to seal the diseased veins. It can be administered without the use of tumescent anesthesia, which avoids the discomfort of multiple needle sticks.
- Sclerotherapy: Traditional sclerotherapy injects a salt solution into the vein to eliminate varicose veins and spider veins. Acting as a foreign irritant, it causes the blood to clot until the vein turns to scar tissue and disappears.
- Micro-phlebectomy: In this vein treatment, a tiny incision is made to remove the offending vein section by section. The incision is so small that stitches are not required. The operation can be performed quickly under light sedation or local anesthesia.
- Diagnostic venous ultrasound: Our on-site ultrasound machine uses sound waves to image the body’s veins. It is able to quickly and painlessly identify any blood clots, swelling, and other venous problems you may be experiencing.
- Foam sclerotherapy: Foam Sclerotherapy is an ultrasound-guided procedure that injects a foam agent into the targeted vein seal it. The foam sticks to the inner walls of the vein, causing it to collapse and disappear.
- Groin dissection: This technique was developed by Dr. Tolitano for the removal of varicose veins that are too large for laser vein therapy. Dr. Tolitano is one of a select few vein specialists in the Chicago and Northwest Indiana areas qualified to do this procedure.
Surrounding Dr. Tolitano is a knowledgeable and friendly staff that is fluent in both Spanish and Polish. We accept Medicare and most insurance plans. There is no reason to live with vein pain any longer. Give us a call in Wood Dale at (630) 860-0035 or in Chicago at (312) 496-3069 today for Wood Dale spider vein treatment and varicose vein treatment.