Micro-Phlebectomy is a minor surgical procedure for the removal of large surface varicose veins through very small incisions that need no stitches. The procedure is done in our office using local anesthetic.
There is very little discomfort with this procedure and you can expect very little “down time” during your recovery. This procedure may take one to two hours depending on the number of veins to be removed. Most patients resume normal daily activities or go back to work the day after they have this procedure.
During the procedure, you will be resting comfortably on an exam table. After cleansing and anesthetizing the skin, minute skin incisions are made that limits the size of the micro-incision to 1.5 millimeters. An instrument is then inserted that will extract a length of the varicose vein through this micro-incision. Adhesive steri- strips are applied to the tiny incisions and no stitches are necessary. Bandages are applied over the incision and your leg is wrapped in a compression wrap. You will be able walk out of our office on your own and with a healthier leg!
Benefits of Micro-Phlebectomy
- This is a very simple procedure
- Performed under local anesthetic in the Doctor’s Office
- Cost effective. It does not incur any charges from the hospital or an anesthesiologist.
- Rapid recovery with very little postoperative pain
- Normal activities can be resumed immediately
- Outstanding clinical and cosmetic results